Case Documents 

Please see CASE/NAME SEARCHES if you need to find out if we have a case. RECORD REQUESTS are for specific documents in a known case.

District Court records include Civil (including disputes over $50,000), Probate, Felony Criminal (already bound over from Circuit Court) and always confidential Juvenile and Adoption cases.

The Clerk of District Court case index, journals and docket sheets date back to 1923. A case management system has been used since 2000 for records of actions. We started scanning documents into the system in May of 2014.

Please note that most requests for case documents include fees.

Tracking/Accessing District Court Cases:

A new one-page overview for accessing and tracking District Court cases is available here.

Requesting docket sheets (records of actions) and specific case documents:

  • Docket sheets reflecting the record of actions in a known public case number may be requested via email to or no charge.
  • The most efficient way to request specific documents is to complete and email our document request form to 
  • We will reply with options for receiving the records, applicable fees due and payment options.

Records available by email:

  1. Public case documents can be sent by email for $1.00 per page.
  2. All fees must be paid before our office will send the documents.

Records that cannot be sent by email:

  • Records that are required to be certified or exemplified copies must be mailed.
  • If the records are restricted from public access, they are available only to parties with access to the records.  Confidential items can only be mailed, picked up or faxed.
  • Copy fees for mail or pickup are $1.00/1st page, $.50 for additional pages, $.50 per certification, $5.00 per exemplification, and any required postage.  Fax fees are $1.00 per page. 
  • All fees must be paid before our office will send the documents.

Records more than 10 years old may be at Wyoming State Archives (Archives):

  • Older case record document requests may take longer to process.
  • Records more than 10 yrs. old may have been sent to Archives.
  • We have many older records still in our office for various reasons. 
  • We maintain record of actions (docket sheet) list and a journal of dispositional orders for most records even if the physical file is at Archives.
  • Please call or email our office to confirm location of the physical file and we will provide Archives information as needed.
  • In addition to some prior cases, we currently have all of the following full physical files listed below:
  •      Civil Case Numbers starting with           CV 12800   initiated     8/1/2003    or later 
  •      Criminal Case Numbers starting with     CR 2102    initiated    11/7/2006    or later
  •      Probate Case Numbers starting with      PR 2100    initiated    10/22/2001  or later