Height & Age Requirement for Recreation & Aquatic Center Use
An adult must accompany children in the water who are less than 3.5 feet tall or are non-swimmers, and must remain in the aquatic facility with children under eight years old. This guideline is set not only for children’s safety but for parental assurances as well.
General Aquatic Center Guidelines
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when using the Recreation Center:
- The only flotation devices allowed in the pool are USCG approved lifejackets and puddlejumpers. Water wings, tubes, etc. that are not USCG approved are not permitted. There are lifejackets on the pool deck that are available to use at no charge.
- Mermaid fins are not allowed due to the safety factor of securing the feet together.
- All children under the age of three must wear either a disposable or re-usable swim diaper; both are available at the front desk.
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Diving board hours may vary according to patron attendance and number of staff.
- Please remove shoes when walking on pool deck.
- An adult must accompany children in the water whom are less than 3.5 feet tall or are non-swimmers, and must remain in the aquatic area with children under eight years old.
- No person age five (5) or older shall use the restroom/washroom designated for the opposite sex. There are four family changing rooms next to the men’s and women’s locker rooms that are available for use.
- If maximum capacity is being reached, a 10-minute break will occur at the top of every hour. Hourly breaks are typically done during summer season.
Available Life Jackets
- US Coast Guard approved life jackets and puddlejumpers are available for use in the aquatic area at no charge.
General Recreation Center Guidelines
- Check-in is required at the front desk of the center. At check-in, guests are asked to pay the entry fee, based on either residency or non-residency. Locals present a recreation center resident card.
- Gym shoes must be worn in the gym. Street shoes, boots or marking shoes are not permitted. We appreciate it if you carry in your athletic shoes.
- An adult must accompany children in the water whom are less than 3 1/2 feet tall or non-swimmers, and must remain in the aquatic area with children under eight years old.
- An adult must accompany children under eight years old in the gym.
- Please report any damaged or broken equipment to the front desk staff.
- Compliance with facility rules is imperative. Facility rules are posted in their respective areas and have been designed for patron safety.
- The recreation center is a tobacco, e-cigarette, drug and alcohol free facility.
- Patrons may bring in their own lock for use in the locker room or purchase one at the front desk. Additionally, locks may be borrowed at no charge at the front desk.
- The Teton County Parks and Recreation Department staff strives to develop a functional leisure lifestyle for all of our participants. People with disabilities are encouraged to participate in any programs we offer in addition to the programs specifically for them. Additional staff can be scheduled to help persons needing individual assistance to participate.