- Jointly Funded Departments/Divisions
- Affordable Housing
- About Us
- Preservation Program
Housing Preservation Program - Down Payment Assistance, Deed Restriction Purchase
Permanently Protect Your Home for the Local Workforce
Did you know that the Housing Authority has funding to permanently protect existing market homes for the local workforce?
We can accomplish this in one of two ways:
Workforce Ownership Deed Restriction - Up to $200,000 - These units may be owner-occupied by a member of the local workforce or rented to a member of the local workforce. Appreciation on these homes is set at CPI not to exceed 3% annually.
- Down Payment Assistance for households who work full time locally and earn at least 75% of their income locally, up to $200,000 may be available for down payment assistance to purchase a market (not deed restricted) home. In return for the financial assistance, the household is required to record a permanent Workforce Ownership deed restriction.
- Deed Restriction Purchase for households who already own their own home and wish to permanently protect their home for the local workforce. In return for a permanent Workforce Ownership restriction on the home, the Housing Authority can pay a households up to $200,000.
Preservation Program - Prequalification Application
Preservation Program Application - Down Payment Assistance
Preservation Program Application - Deed Restriction Purchase
Workforce Rental Deed Restriction - Up to $100,000 - These units cannot be owner-occupied and must be rented to a member of the local workforce. There is no appreciation cap nor is there a rental cap for these units.
- Down Payment Assistance for buyers (businesses, individuals, etc.) who seek to purchase a market unit and rent it to a member of the local workforce. These units may not be owner occupied. In return for the financial assistance, the buyer is required to record a permanent Workforce Rental deed restriction.
- Deed Restriction Purchase for entities (businesses, individuals, etc.) who already own a unit and wish to permanently protect the unit for the local workforce. These units must be rented to a member of the local workforce and may not be owner-occupied. In return for a permanent Workforce Rental deed restriction, the Housing Authority can pay a household up to $100,000.
Preservation Program Application - Workforce Rental